Plant #1: Mint Trees



I love anything related to mint leaves - Colgate tooth paste, essential oils, cakes, chewing gum and candies. I like to roll the mint leaves between my fingers and sniff their pungent scent like some addictive drug. But my wife does not like the idea of putting the mint leaves inside the tea, she said it felt like pushing the Colgate tooth paste inside your drink. Whatever. So I decided to purchase four pretty mint leaves in pots (at RM 12 each) from a nearby nursery. 



There are couple of things that I learned after three months purchasing four mint plants:

#1: They need the sun
I was told that the mint should be in the shaded area. So at first, I put them on the balcony by our bedroom, so I could wake up, pick few leaves and sniff them like some drugs. Then I thought it would be a great idea to put one of them inside the kitchen where I could fashionably pluck one or two leaves and soak them inside my cup of tea. I was never so wrong. The indirect sunlight from the kitchen was not enough. She was deprived from the amount of sunlight that she deserved. I guessed she was pretty upset and decided to die, despite few attempts to revive her again (I even apologised and promised not to put her in the kitchen ever again but she would not listen and gave up on me #sad). 


#2: They can turn into a bunch of bad girls
Their bushy leaves thrives for few weeks until I decided they may need some shade and put them under the plant rack where they were pretty much deprived from the sun. Not intended to murder them like their sister, I decided to re-pot all three of them into one long pot and put them at the back of the house, where they could get the first few hours of the morning sun. It was a good decision, they thrived once again - they were so happy at the back of the house. Or perhaps - too happy. From a well-behave looking plant, they began encroaching into the other pots with their snaking leaves. I could see, in matter of times, they can took over the vegetables and herbs corner of mine. 

It's true what Beyonce said. 
#whoruntheworld #girls

Will share further observation when I came across any. 


Comments

Popular Posts